In the academic year, 2018 - 2019 Highfield Junior and Infant School will receive £23,330in Sports Premium funding provided by the government. The primary objective of the funding is to enhance the existing P.E.S.S.P.A (Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity) provision that Highfield School already offers. We aim to build capacity within school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils and staff for many years to come. To meet these outcomes our funding will be used towards the employment of P.E specialists to work across the Prince Albert Community Trust.
The funding is expected to facilitate improvements against 5 key performance indicators:
- 1 - Engaging pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
- 2 - Raising the profile of P.E and school sport.
- 3 - Increasing confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E and sport.
- 4 - Offering a broad experience of a range of sports and activities offered to pupils.
- 5 - Increased participation in competitive school sport
Following a self-review of P.E and school sport provision we have identified key priorities for the academic year of 2018 - 2019 against the 5 expected outcomes. This report will focus on strategies to further improvement in the existing provision of P.E.S.S.P.A at Highfield School. This is a live document and will be updated throughout the academic year. We will publish this academic year’s final outcomes in July 2019.